Project2Manage is an online project management application that helps you stay up-to-date, on task and connected with your team. (project2manage.com, 2011) This site has features that allow a group of people to join together and work on a project.
The features the site has are:
- Messaging- allows you to message the different members of the groups or the whole group. This feature is similar to sending emails but stays internal of the site.
- Managing Members- You can manage the amount of people working on the project as well as what they can see while working on the project.
- To-Do Lists- as a member of the group you can add items to the to-do this as well as checks off items once they are completed.
- Time Tracking- This feature allows you to set deadlines for tasks so the group can see each deadline listed in chronological order.
- Reminders- the reminder feature reminds you when a deadline is coming up or when there is a task you have been asked to do by another member in the group.
- File Management- in file management you can upload documents and files to the group so that everyone has access to them
- Spot2Jot- this is my favorite feature. Spot2Jot allows the members of the group to edit and write documents together while saving each of the past edits so that you can look back on them and not loose edits if it was a mistake edit.
- Individual URLs to access the account
- All projects you are working on are on the main dashboard
- All projects are placed chronologically in time tracker
- Ability to edit and keep past edits
- Ability to export edited documents as a PDF
- Ability to limit access of each member if wanted
- May take extra time the first time to familiarize yourself with the site
- There is not very much support on the site itself
Looking at this page overall I feel that this is a great way to collaborate on a project especially for those who like to be organized. I am the type of person who likes to have deadlines set and reminded of them, as they get closer. Having these features along with the ability to work together on documents makes this site one that I would use when working with others.
McDonough, M. (2009, June 9). A review of project2manage. Retrieved from http://www.brighthub.com/office/project-management/reviews/38205.aspx
Project2Manage. (2011).Project2manage-project management software. Retrieved from http://www.project2manage.com/